Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Monday, April 15, 2024

These girls know how to have fun

Yesterday, I took my 8-year-old granddaughter Bella clothes shopping. I told my daughter a few days earlier that I was planning to do just that, so she told her daughter. When Bella heard, she got so excited, saying, "This is what big girls do!" 

So while Papa was taking care of Bryan, Bella and I shopped. I thought it was going to take very little time, but we ended up going to Kohls where we found a skirt for her. And then we went next door where we looked through an endless supply of clothes at Once Upon a Child. She'd say things like, "Don't even touch these; they're ugly!" But occasionally I'd find something that I thought she'd like--she did--and she'd find something that I might--or might not--like. Fortunately, we agreed on a great many! I probably wouldn't have chosen a few of them, but that's okay. They excited her, and that was enough for me. 

So for $50 at the used clothing store, she was able to get two dresses (one of them fancy), a top and skirt combo, two bathing suits, a tee, a winter skirt, and a crop top and another top that went well with the skirt from Kohls.

Keeping up with Bella's growth is a bit challenging. With a dad that's 6' 6", she's following in his footsteps. In the 2nd grade, she's one of the tallest in her class. That's completely foreign to me because I was always one of the shrimpiest. Still am.

But size doesn't matter nearly as much as character. She's so kind that she asked if we could buy her little brother something, too. And after it was all over, she remained excited, pleased, and amazed that we shopped for such a long period of time (about an hour and a half). 

And walking into the store holding hands was the frosting on the cake for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment