Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Monday, April 22, 2024

Another wild and crazy night!

My first nightmare occurred around 2 a.m. Of all things to be concerned about, I wouldn't think cookie making would've made the list! My plan was to make half a batch, and I was measuring from memory. I thought I had gotten the butter/shortening measurement wrong from the get-go and tried to correct it. The next thing I knew in my dream, I was yelling at Granny because she started throwing away the dough instead of adding the egg I told her to add. At this point, I couldn’t take over because I was flat on my back on the floor (all part of the dream--not really there although it wouldn't have been surprising considering my propensity to walk in my sleep). I couldn’t reach the hands of the African American who was trying to help me up. My ex son-in-law made an appearance by walking in right then, but he was just cutting through to use the bathroom and didn’t notice me. Steve finally rescued me with his real-life appearance as I was yelling and flailing my arms. 


So I went back to sleep although the incorrect measurements continued to bother me. At 5, I woke myself up shouting “Steve, Steve!” The disturbance was that I was trying to fend off ghosts! There was one next to my bed and a ghostly presence throughout the room with tiny pinpoints of pastel blue lights. What was really weird was that my phone lit up brightly right then and woke me up. There were no notifications, but I thought I heard Steve calling me, asking, “Uh huh?”

I need to talk to Chris (Northern Exposure). He'd have a philosophical explanation for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment