Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time's a'wasting!

Whatever did we do with our spare time back in the days of BC (before computer)?  Hardly a day goes by without me obsessing over a computer-related matter.

Recently, deciding that there really was no method to my madness, I reorganized my files and favorites into folders.  Although I should have been taking care of business all along, of course, the project was actually well worth the time. 

But therein lies the rub.  That’s rarely the case.  Today I tried to track down a question about my new CD label maker.  Since the package came without instructions, I’m not sure anyone ever knew the answer.  After a couple of hours of this, I’d like to say that my husband heard me cry Ah-ha!  But that’s not what happened.  Closer to the truth is that my husband heard me cry.

Earlier this week, I spent time on several different days trying to make our financial software work the way I wanted.  Same result.

When I buy airline tickets, I check out first one site, finding a pretty decent price.  Then I check out a bunch of sites, trying to find the best deal, only to come back to the first one.  I waste so many frustrating hours, and I do it every time. 

And every single time, I tell myself that I’m going through a travel agent next time.  Maybe next time I really will.

No comments:

Post a Comment