Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Having a Bit of a Walkabout!

 

Another entertaining dream with a twist. Or was it twisted?!

These details aren’t as clear as those of some of my dreams, but I do know it took place in a cemetery and I was staggering, trying to loop my arm through that of someone nearby to help me. The trouble was that he was invisible, and my arm kept going through his body. I pretty much reached the end of my rope, so to speak, when the back of my right hand hit one wall, and the front of my left hand hit an adjacent wall. I had truly walked into a corner! I wasn’t quite awake yet, so as I “looked” down the wall, it appeared to be very long with two doors. I woke up at that point to see that I had walked myself into a corner: I was indeed looking at the entry door and the bathroom door. My right hand only stung a little.

This had a better outcome than when I last walked in my sleep two years ago. I had basically run in my sleep, hitting a closed bathroom door head-on; in other words, I “stubbed” my head into my shoulders! My head and shoulders hurt for several days. And I scared the dickens out of both Steve and myself because I screamed. I screamed loudly. He was still awake and when he came running, he found me dazed on my hands and knees.

It's never a dull moment here because I do seem to talk, walk, sing, scream, and laugh--perhaps more in my sleep than I do when I’m awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment