Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Analyze this!

 

Hello! Long time no see!

Another crazy night passed me by with another crazy dream. I dream often, and I remember some. Unfortunately, I mostly have nightmares, but this particular dream was very entertaining.

It started with me trying to take a multiple choice test set up like a survey. You know how surveys are often set up as something like this: “Strongly dislike, dislike, don’t care either way, like, or strongly like?” Well, my multiple test answers were: “will, who, and should.” For instance, a sentence was presented: “So and so needs dental work. Will or should he get it?” Of course, the sensible answer would be both will and should. And I imagine I even knew the who! But the directions clearly stated that only one answer was allowed. So I was truly befuddled after answering three questions and left the classroom.

I went to the kitchen where I proceeded to sort the flatware because there was a whole bunch of it in a pile. Despite knowing that the person in charge of the flatware wouldn’t like my interference, I did it anyway. There was a very wide tray that would accommodate all the flatware, so I sorted that way. But then I sorted the plasticware as well. I thought I was just going to be able to put all the plasticware in one Ziploc bag, but it did indeed require three separate bags for forks, knives, and spoons. When I was satisfied with a job well done, I returned to the classroom (and I do believe the teacher was my English teacher from middle school/high school, Mrs. Claphan, who taught us every other year—she was pregnant in the off years).

I tried to explain my confusion to her, but she didn’t really understand; however, she let me retake the test. She couldn’t find a spot for me in the hallway, so she set it up to project on the ceiling while I lay down on the floor. The test was difficult to read because the ceiling was too far away, and I was getting frustrated all over again. But my problems were solved when I realized she was going over the test with the other students!

I woke up a happy student!

No comments:

Post a Comment