Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga

Monday, April 8, 2024

Here I Go Again!

These night-time meanderings are getting a bit much.

Last night I dreamt I was working at the OSU Human Performance Center (which I did back in 1981-83). Dr. Shulman and Dr. Jagacinski made an appearance although the latter looked like Brockman in LA Law (which I've been streaming for a few weeks).

I was napping on one of the two twin beds in the office--no such thing--and Jagacinski came in to change his clothes to go to the gym. I woke up slightly, but he apologized and left pretty quickly. I told him to turn on the light on the way out, but he didn't do that. Since I knew it was time for me to get up and start moving, I got out of bed. I dreamt my legs were really wobbly and that there was a (nonexistent) rocking chair in the way before I reached the wall with the (nonexistent) light switch. I extended my arm to switch it off, but I fell short of the wall. 

And by that I do mean fell. I woke up when the right side of my face hit the floor with a bam! I didn't scream; I just picked myself up and went back to bed.

I don't understand why I'm not bruised this morning nor do I understand why I've picked up this habit again after not sleepwalking for decades.  Any ideas? Or any ideas how to prevent a major bone breakage?

Life is nothing if not interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment